Here you will find everything you need to know about Financial Fraud Action UK; who we are, what we do, who our members are, plus links to other key partners including The UK Cards Association and more...
Who we are
Financial Fraud Action UK is responsible for leading the collective fight against financial fraud on behalf of the UK payments industry. Our membership includes banks, credit, debit and charge card issuers, and card payment acquirers in the UK.
We provide a forum for our members to work together on non-competitive issues relating to financial fraud. Our primary function is to facilitate collaborative activity between industry participants and with other partners committed to fighting fraud.
Our key aims are to:
- Provide a single cohesive industry voice on financial fraud.
- Lead collaborative industry-wide activity to prevent and control financial fraud.
- Uphold the reputation of the industry by demonstrating its record on fraud prevention.
We do this by:
- Sponsoring the Dedicated Card and Payments Crime Unit, a unique pro-active operational police unit, with a national remit, formed as a partnership between FFA UK, the City of London Police, the Metropolitan Police.
- Managing the Industry Strategic Threat Management Process, which provides an up-to-the-minute picture of the threat landscape.
- Delivering UK-wide awareness campaigns to inform customers about threats and how to stay safe.
- Managing intelligence-sharing through the industry fraud intelligence hub (Financial Fraud Bureau) and the Fraud Intelligence Sharing System (FISS) which feeds intelligence to police and other agencies in support of law enforcement activity.
- Informing commentators and policy-makers through a press office and public affairs function.
- Providing expert security assessments of new technology, as well as the impact of new legislation and regulation.
- Publishing the official fraud losses for the UK payments industry, as well as acting as the definitive source of industry fraud statistics and data.